The Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize ‘leaders and achievers’ in the 23rd annual celebration. The awards presentation will be LIVE at the VICC Saturday, May 13th, 2023! This event honours individuals, businesses, and non-profit organizations that have contributed to the fabric and growth of the Nanaimo community.
NOMINATE HERE until March 1, 2023
VOTE for nominees between March 3 - March 24, 2023
CELEBRATE on Saturday, May 13th 2023
CALLING ALL SPONSORS
The 2023 Nanaimo Business Awards will recognize Nanaimo's leaders and achievers on Saturday May 13th, 2023 and celebrate with a with sponsors and award recipients.
To support this vital community event, the Nanaimo Chamber is calling on organizations to invest in this 23rd annual celebration by way of sponsorship. Award categories are selected by the sponsor on a first come, first served basis.
Sponsorship provides a platform to position your organization as a community leader. This in turn can raise your profile, strengthen your brand, expand your influence, and connect with target audiences. Invest today with a benefits package that suits your needs and leverage this prestigious event to broaden your competitive advantage.
Nanaimo Business Award Categories:
- This award is given to a business that offers excellence in retail through presentation of a unique concept, an intriguing environment, unique products and/or services and consistent delivery of high-value service.
2. Food & Beverage
Sponsored by: Nanaimo Hospitality Association
- The Food & Beverage award recognizes hospitality businesses that consistently demonstrate excellence in food service, quality, and presentation. Customers feel special and staff feel safe and supported.
3. Health & Wellness
4. Personal & Aesthetic Services
- The Health & Wellness award goes to a favourite clinic that seems to always go above and beyond. Such as an alternative health care provider, pharmaceutical, natural/homeopath, RMT, physio, or chiropractor with service second to none!
5. Creative Services
- The Personal & Aesthetic Services award includes anything that makes you look and feel good. This award reflects spas, hair stylists, nail technicians, personal trainers, tailors, estheticians, make-up artists etc.
6. Financial Services
- The Creative Services award recognizes digital creative services such as graphic designers, photographers, videographers, web designers, social media influencers. And the Arts in the form of dance, theatre, drawing, clay, painting etc.– and anything else in this field that fits!
7. Property Developers
- This award is for businesses in banking, finance, investment, accounting, insurance, consulting, or other professional services, whom will be recognized for their product and service range, industry knowledge, and expertise.
8. Family First Award
Sponsored by: Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
Honours a business that:
- This award goes to a diverse selection Property developers, designers, and builders. These unsung heroes, enable the Nanaimo community to grow and prosper.
9. Young Entrepreneur
- Creates a culture that supports work/life balance.
- Demonstrates support and care for employee’s parental needs such as job sharing, option to work from home or flexibility when family matters arise.
- Staff and owners demonstrate an inclusive attitude towards families with young children for both employees and customers
- Provides assistance and support to employees with aging seniors.
10. Micro & Home-Based Business
- If you are under 40 – this award is for you! Young entrepreneurs have what it takes to make it in business – a good idea, vision, and understanding of their marketplace and the unique qualities of a successful business operator – passion, drive, energy, and creativity.
11. Small & Medium Business: 11 - 99 Employees
- This award recognizes businesses with up to 10 employees. This includes startups, entrepreneurs, and businesses who’ve entered into this business movement.
Sponsored by: Grant Thornton LLP
12. Major Employer -- 100+ Employees
- Small & Medium Enterprise targets businesses with 11-99 employees. This award gives recognition of businesses with a vision and demonstrated capacity for sustainable growth, engagement in innovative practices, demonstrating outstanding performance in their field.
13. Community Builder of the Year
- This award recognizes a company in any industry for excellence as a business who engages in innovative practices, is outstanding as a pioneer in their field and are focused on positively impacting the community through more than their workforce weight. These business show promise for growth and increased positive stimulus as a community economic driver.
Sponsored by: Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services
14. Trades & Skilled Labour
- The Community Builder of the Year Award honours a business, non-profit organization, or public sector agency that demonstrates a commitment to the community beyond their usual business practices; has a long-term desire to build diverse, inclusive and balanced communities; makes a sustainable and tangible impact in the region; and displays a clear commitment to social responsibility.
15. Indigenous Business
- These are the people who take your dreams and ideas from paper and turn them into reality: contractors, builders, electricians & plumbers, roofers, carpenters, you get the gist.
- Recognize Indigenously owned and operated businesses – ground breakers or long-standing operations. We’re looking forward to many nominations demonstrating the diversity of our community
16. People’s Choice
- This award will go to any business who YOU think deserves it!
- This award is presented to a registered not-for-profit organization which, through its activities and initiatives creates tangible benefits to individuals and/or the community at large which demonstrates ongoing achievements for the well-being of those it directly involves.
18. Innovation Award
- The award honours a business that has developed a process, product or service that is original and contributes to profitability and/or market share. This is demonstrated through the use of science and/or technology to create a business that is original or unique; shows a high degree of originality, creativity.
19. Women in Business
Sponsored by: Children's Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- The Women in Business Award honours a female who is the founder, CEO, President, or Senior Executive of a company who exhibits business leadership and vision; displays a significant commitment to the success of both their business and the region as a whole; serves as a positive role model or mentor for other business people; and exemplifies professional behaviour maintaining an upstanding reputation in the business community and region as a whole.
20. New Business of the Year
Sponsored by: H2 Accelerator
- This award is presented to a new business in operation for not more than three (3) years. This business is recognized for its excellence in the areas of management, branding, marketing, product development and quality, staff training and customer service.